After completing his studies at the National University of Mexico (UNAM) at only 21 years of age, José Bermúdez Zenteno decided to return to his birthplace, San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas and set up a small dental practice on Francisco I. Madero street, where he would work for the next 16 years.
A few years after returning from Mexico City, he married María Candelaria Pascacio Albores, also an UNAM dental graduate who established a private practice on the Calle Panama in the same city.
- They had two sons, Jose de Jesus and Gerardo.
- Over the years, their shared and continual efforts made their dental practice continue to grow.
- This dental clinic was (and is) located on the corner of the Cuauhtémoc and Crescencio Rosas streets in the center of San Cristobal de Las Casas.
- During this time, José Bermúdez decided to begin a specialty in orthodontics. This was a period of hard work and intense growth.
THE PROJECT TAKES SHAPE.
José Bermúdez Pascacio, in the meantime, left to study in Europe. Upon returning, the idea was hatched that would see this small clinic transformed into a complete dental center that could encompass every specialty in dentistry. It was a huge challenge, both in infrastructure and human resources, particularly since there were few specialized dentists in Chiapas; however, it was a step they were determined to undertake.
- In 2004, all the hard work came to fruition and Salud Oral Dental Center was born: a clinic where dental attention is invariably provided by the appropriate specialists, rather than by a general dentist.
The new installations were specifically built to cover all the requirements of a modern dental clinic, and today they include the following:
- Sterilization room
- Centre for Pediatric Dentistry
Three dentists from Mexico City joined the local team, leaving us with a total of six specialists. This was how a new professional adventure began for Salud Oral.
A TAILOR-MADE PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY CENTRE
n 2010, Gerardo Bermúdez, a specialist in pediatric dentistry, returned to Chiapas and joined our team at Salud Oral.
An adjoining center was constructed, devoted solely to the dental treatment of children.
- A waiting room for children.
- A child sterilization area.
- Several dental units for children
Are just a few of the facilities provided in this center.